Saturday, July 10, 2010

MILLION DOLLAR RAIN

About 7:30 this morning I woke up to the phone ringing. One little short bleep. Then lost all power. No lights, no scanner, no fan. No nuttin'. Just the quiet, peaceful noise (an oxymoron?) of RAIN. Nice and steady, all day. Just what we so badly needed. Praise GOD. I stood out in the middle of the back yard (NO, I wasn't naked) and got soaked. After two weeks of 90+ degrees, it felt wonderful.
Packed some more crap for the sale today. Then tonight I met Artie and Ross at the restaurant for supper. I never go up there on the weekends but I treated self to spaghetti and meat balls.
Busy week coming up, Dr appt on Monday. Archie gets a haircut on Tuesday. Fred is coming down Wednesday to take the ceiling fan and some lights down that are going to the sale. Thursday the auction house guys are coming to take the stuff. Friday is open. Saturday is lunch with old friends.
I got a notice from my insurance on Friday, July 9th. (remember that date) telling me that since I was now turning 65 I would no longer be covered under this insurance as of JUNE 30th. Now, wouldn't ya think they should've told me the middle of June not the middle of July. So, since I must pick a supplemental insurance, and I was seriously considering staying with UNITED HEALTH CARE. Guess what, ain't goin' to happen now. I'll have to go back to the dentist and pay for that visit and go back to the lab and maybe be able to change the bloodwork charge over to medicare. What a bunch of sneaky bastards.

No comments: