Wednesday, August 11, 2010

IF IT HAS TIRES OR TESTICLES... IT'LL GIVE YOU TROUBLE

Wow, haven't posted for eight days! Haven't really been all that busy. Fred came down last Saturday and cut a hole in the wall in the back room. I took the plaster to the trash truck but I'll take that evil insulation to the land fill. We pick up the new door, more siding and door hdwe on Friday. We're putting in a ramp instead of more steps. Then we are taking out the steps and that stupid sliding door thats in the 'bird room'. It'll be much more secure this way.
Helped Dad, on Monday, change the transmission oil in the 58 JD. Took 7 gallons. Didn't spill a drop. What came out looked perfectly fine to me, it still had body. It's not like he's going to plow the south 40 with the tractor. But he wanted it done. So its done.
Had the truck serviced last week, new wiper blades and rotated the tires. Then it developed a noise this week. Hmmmm, sounded like maybe the wheel bearings. Stopped at the dealers and made an appointment for Monday. So, going to the restaurant this evening and the noise got more intense. I turned around and came back home and was thinking, 'Nah, they wouldn't do it to me a second time, would they?' Well, the steering wheel was shaking and that's what I noticed the last time. So, I check the lug nuts on the left front and after being able to take two off with just my fingers, I calmly called the dealership. Got Ralph's voice mail, hung up, he called my house, I'm in the driveway, I hear the answer machine pick up. I call him back. Direct line. (I cannot stand the receptionist at night) He answers, "Whats up?" I say, "Ralph, are you guys trying to kill me because I'm such a pain-in-the-ass? Or, do you want me to wreck this truck so I'll have to buy a new one?" "NO, of course not! Whats wrong?" So I told him about the lose lug nuts and reminded him that this was the SECOND time this has happened. He started appoligizing and did I want to bring it up now to get them torqued? NO! I'm going to Dad's tomorrow and we'll do it and look everything over. Then he was stuttering about who worked on it and he would talk to him and call me tomorrow and............

2 comments:

HossBoss said...

Is that the only shop in town? Apologies won't help if you lose a wheel going down the road! Besides, what's he thinking asking if you wanted to bring it IN so he could tighten the lug nuts ...he should send someone to YOU. Grrrrrr...

SHARON said...

Nah, I already had tightened the nuts when I called him. I worked for a tool company for 19 years and I have almost every tool they made and, I know how to use them. Daddy taught me to change a tire, check and change the oil, check the anti-freeze etc. before I even got my licence.