Sunday, June 24, 2012

GOODBYE BEN..........

may you rest in peace.  I hope some kind soul will take good care of your cats.  There is something to be said about a man who likes, or loves, cats.  I have found that a cat-loving man is sweeter, kinder, more of a gentleman.  My ex-husband hated cats............enuf said.  I will miss Ben's blog and the cartoons he provided on Sunday, never met him, but sure did enjoy his "Mo Coffee, BBL, You Betcha".  RIP and condolences to his family.

On a brighter note, went to breakfast Saturday morning at the Methodist Church.  Sue and Sarah picked me up since they had to come this way anyhow.  Chet showed up and we were there almost 2 hours.  Great eats for $6.  Doing it again next month.

S & S brought me home and then Sarah helped me with the anti-flea meds.  I can do the dogs but the cats don't cooperate some times.  We had a nice visit, they went home to the city and Archie and I went over to Dad's.  Gas is now $3.19, so got the truck filled up and bought a veggie sub for supper.  Just finished half of the sub and Trudy called, "Hey, we're picking up Jim and going for ice cream, want to join us?"  "Sure, I'll meet ya there."  I took Archie so Trudy  could get a doggie fix, I know she misses her dobie, Fancy.  I got there in about 10 minutes, so I people-watched.  There were 7 other dogs that came and went with their people.  Trudy was surprised to see Archie and we had a good time.  Archie enjoyed the ice cream also.

The sun was beating down most of the morning, now it's cloudy and they are calling for rain.  At least its not as humid as it was last Thursday and Friday.  A lot of people were mowing their yards because a storm was forecasted for the weekend.  One fellow, on the road behind me, got too close to the pond with his zero-turn mower, it went in, flipped and pinned him under the water.  I heard the call on the scanner when it happened.  He didn't live there, just mowed for the people.  So sad.  Seems to be a lot of tradgedy here of late.  Last month, a father and his 2 sons, died in one of those manure pits, and two days later, 2 brothers were killed when they hit a milk truck.  I guess, when your time is up, it's up.........

Later..................I hope.

2 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Did you save some ice cream for me? It is and will be a hundred plus here this week unless that Gulf storm comes this way. The humidity is always really high around here, which makes the heat feel worse than it is.

SHARON said...

I did and so did Archie. Hope you enjoyed it. I hate the humidity, I was over at Dad's the first really hot day and he said, "The heat has made my butt heavy." That says it all.