Monday, July 9, 2012

SUNDAYS AREN'T THE SAME......

without Ben's funnies to read.  So, I didn't even turn the 'puter on 'cept to read the obits, and, there was my old girl scout leader.  Eleanor.  She was a classy lady.  Well, this is turning into a downer-of-a-day.  So I finished reading my book, Lights Out by David Crawford.  Been at it for about 2 or more months.  75 chapters, small print, chapters are only 5 or 6 pages, characters are many but good, some of it seemed a bit juvenile.  Found a few typos, don't think the local grocery stores would be open like they were in the book, but, all-in-all, not a bad read.

Cleaned out 3 cupboards this morning, did 3 loads of wash and hung out.  Mmmmmm love the smell of sheets that were hung on the line.  Towels will be scratchy tho.

Went over to Dads, he was cleaning up the JD60.  The other guy, Bob, that's having the sale with him was down on Saturday and told him he was going to buy it.  I think it half pissed dad off, now he doesn't want to sell it.  He was on the fence before, I guess he's jumped over.  Whatever.


Later..............

2 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

It is hard to sell the things that defined your life for many years. Be patient with him.

SHARON said...

Oh, he's only had this tractor less that 10 years. But, it wasn't running when he bought it, so he REALLY restored it. Plus, it has a lower exhaust and that's kinda rare. Believe me Dizzy, I am VERY patient with him. However, last week when he started ragging on ME about having this sale, Momma came out in me and, I had to tell him, "Nobody put a gun to your head to do this, Dad, so, don't be yelling at me, I'm here to help. It's your call." I told him if he wants to keep it, have someone bid it in. I know that doesn't sound fair, but at this point I don't care. It's done all of the time. Unless it brings a bazillion $$$$$$, that is. Like I said, it's his call.