Thursday, June 27, 2013

LOTTSA STORMS ROLLING THRU...............

everyday.  They are hitting in the late afternoon, everyday this week so far.  More in the forecast for the next few days.  Corn is loving it.  Neighbor has some barley straw down. 

Amish neighbor buried her husband yesterday.  They only married 3 months ago, second marriage for both.  His first wife died about five years ago and her husband died about two years ago.  Her son told my friend Cindy, who hauls for the Amish, that is was nice having a 'dad' in the house again.  He had a stroke on a Thursday, his scheduled sale was on Saturday and he passed on Sunday.  He was buried right down the road from dad in a cemetery that once belong to the local Presbyterian church who moved over to another road and built a new brick church and established a new cemetery, probably in the early 1800's.  When the Amish became more prevalent around here, they took over the little cemetery for their own burials.

Must run, get a shower, if I can tear myself away from "The Antiques Roadshow" on the Ovation Channel.  I could so live in England, it's where my paternal ancestor's came from in 1682.  More German and Irish on my maternal side.  But, alas, since I refuse to fly, I shall never get there.  But, in watching this show and BBC on PBR, I can dream.

Later..................

No comments: