Tuesday, July 23, 2013

WICKED, NASTY, TOO-CLOSE-FOR-COMFORT, THUNDERSTORM....

last night.  It was only the second time, in 35 years of living in this house, that I checked the upstairs after a VERY close lightening strike.  It was also the second time I smelled sulfur after the same strike.  Since I was already up, I closed the last window where the dogs were, and, brought them back to bed with me.  They, normally, don't have a problem with storms, but, I felt they would feel safer with me.  They didn't argue.  Also, looks like I will have to replace 2 phones.  Everything else is ok.

A 8 lb., 6 oz., new prince for England.  William, George, Charles, Harold, Phillip, John, James, Barnard, Albert, etc.., etc., was born yesterday.  Poor kid will live his life in a fish bowl.  Glad everyone is ok. 

Since the ground is saturated, I should finish the front flower bed.

Later...............

2 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Glad you and the dogs survived the storm. I have smelled sulfer after a close strike, too. My one dog can not stand storms and shakes like a vibrator.

SHARON said...

Thanks DD. Yeah, it was a bad one. Dad said it would be 'cause it's been so darn hot. Cooled off considerably now. Still going to have a rainy week. These three dogs don't mind storms, I hope last nights thunder-boomer hasn't ruined that.