Sunday, September 11, 2011

A DECADE OF CHANGES.............

I have lived over six decades. I look back on each one and realize the past decade has held far more changes than any others. I lost my sister, several cousins, two aunts, one great aunt, one uncle, six friends and my American innocence. Oh, yeh, I also lost my job.

I remember exactly where I was when this attack happened, I was in my office, one of the guys came in and said, 'A plane has hit one of the towers in New York! It took me 20 minutes to get on the net. I watched in horror as the second plane hit then when the towers fell, and, the news of more planes not being accounted for and on and on. One of the lead men came thru my office and watched with me, he said 'What do you think about all of this?' I said, 'Stan, life is over as you know it.' He just looked at me and walked out into the plant. Things have never been the same since, have they?

Later.............

3 comments:

Jacked Up Glock Mom said...

no they havent been the same. You wake up on that Tuesday morning feeling safe, and go to bed not feeling safe anymore. Our entire way of life as Americans was affected. .

SHARON said...

Yes, and it's getting worse everyday. Which is what 'they' want. It wouldn't be that bad if our government could be trusted.

Anonymous said...

I live along the Mexican Border and I can tell you I live in a police state.