Sunday, September 4, 2011

A PRETTY SUNDAY WITH MORE RAIN IN FORECAST, SORRY TEXAS......

A big 'Hello' and welcome to my 15th follower, Red Woman. Love your blog.

I didn't get the flea meds on the crew until today. Cleaned the litter box and dumped the litter, which is corn-based, in the farmers corn field. Sure saves me a ton of money not having to go to the trash truck. I had checked with him back in the spring. He didn't have a problem with it. I think I'll buy them a fruit basket this Christmas.
Now, all that's left to do is clean house. Notice how I put that off? I'm OK once I get started, it's the getting started. Miss Mary Fiona is growing like a weed, but she still screams like a feral cat when I pick her up. Hopefully she'll get over that. The two dogs are getting better each week. I've not heard from their former owner, maybe he's afraid I'll ask him to take them back. No way. They're here to stay.
My dad and I went to the new lawyer on Tuesday to sign some papers and when he dropped me off, he came in to see his new granddogs. Of course, they can't hold a candle to his buddy, Archie. He is dad's favorite.
I called my Aunt Jenny yesterday while I was over to dad's. She turned 80 in April. I gave the phone to dad and they had a nice talk. She told me that my cousin Helen Mae passed away Friday a week ago. She was 75. Helen Mae always had issues, she was slightly mentally challenged but she was no dummy. Her brother was killed in a car accident at 20, he was the favorite, her younger sister and her were pretty much ignored 'cause 'the boy' was the light of their parents lives. Her dad died first, then the mom, they had put the farm in Helen Mae's name, probably to insure that she have a place to live. Her sister tried to cheat her out of it but didn't succeed. She eventually ended up in a home in Ohio, and the farm was sold. Out of 33 cousins on my mom's side, a third of them are gone, including my big sis. Oh well, none of us are getting out of this world alive.

Later..............

2 comments:

Red Woman said...

Aww Shucks! An honorable mention! Thanks :)

Sorry to hear about your Aunt Helen Mae. 33 cousins is a bushelful for sure.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog and getting to know you better.

Blessings,
Red

SHARON said...

When I found your blog, I went back and read it from the beginning. It was cool to see how far you and your husband have progressed. Welcome to my little corner of the world.