Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A RAINY, FOGGY, DREAB OF A DAY......

but, not too cold, which is good, 'cause I'm running out of wood!  I do believe spring is just around the corner.  The red-wing blackbirds are quite vocal and loving the cracked corn I throw out.  They are my harbinger of spring, not the nasty robins.  Once I see the red-wings I know winter is about over.  Of course, there is always March to get thru and she has given us some nasty surprises.  We'll see.

Helped dad yesterday with his taxes.  Once we itemized all of the expenses in restoring those 5 tractors he sold against what he made from the sale, he was in the hole about $600.  He just laughed.  It woulda been much worse if he would have included the cost of his labor.  But, it was a labor of love, and, saving a couple of them from the scrap heap. 
He has a new kitten that showed up.  Of course he's feeding HER.  I wasn't sure of his intentions but now she has a name.....Dollie.  I hope we can catch her and get her to the vets before she makes him a grandpop.  He is concerned what MoMo and Kitty-Ruth will do about her.  Also, the Amish have bought the property next door, an old two story school house that is two apartments.  They've moved into the bottom one and will probably take over the top apartment when more kids come.  The sad part is the 13 acres of woods behind all of the neighbors are being cut down.  I swear some Amish don't have the brains GOD gave a goat.  When they buy a property, the FIRST thing they do is cut down most of the trees.  Pisses me off, big time.

That's just about all the news that fit to print.  Later.............

5 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

When I lived in Pennsylvania back when the first day of trout season came on April 15, I can remember a day when I was fishing in a snow storm.

Stephen said...

But think of all the firewood...

SHARON said...

DD, I've mowed the yard in the snow.

Stephen, Good point, but, it's 'junk wood', Poplar, Sycamore, etc. Would make good ashes. The previous owner logged it out three times. Nothin' left.

Unknown said...

At the rate we 're going, it will be snowing here in central Pennsylvania come April 15.

Anonymous said...

Thanks very interesting blog!

my web site :: [主页]