Sunday, May 26, 2013

I AM STILL AMAZED AT THESE TWO DOGS..............

"You move over."  "NO, you move over."


and how they've adapted to this place and to me.  It'll be two years in August and it's like I've had them since puppies.  There was never any pining away for their previous family or looking longingly down the road for them to come back and get them.  I know they were not abused 'cause I worked with their previous 'daddy', and, he is a good guy.  His son is about 13 years old and I think he just ignored both dogs.  The ex-wife?  Kinda strange, but, not abusive.  I really think it was more of a situation of neglecting the dogs.  Very similar to Archie's previous life.  In a way, that's being abusive, isn't it?
 
Had the wood stove going last night and again today.  A couple of days ago it was in the 90's and humid.  So, I uncovered the A/C's and turned off the gas furnaces.  Oh well, this cooler weather probably won't last too much longer, tho I like it better than the 90's with humidity.  Guess I'll mow tomorrow, calling for rain on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Boy, I live an exciting life, huh.
 
 
Later...................
 
 


4 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

If is great that you gave them a nice home. We have one rescue dog and she sure has made herself part of the family.

SHARON said...

Thanks, DD. Yeah, these guys are all rescues and I live to serve.

Red Woman said...

Nothing like a dog or two to make a house a home!

Blessings,
Red

SHARON said...

Hi Red, yes, you are SO right.