Monday, May 20, 2013

YARD SALES...........

are hot and heavy right now.  People must be doing a lot of spring cleaning.  I've had a total of four yard sales since I moved here and have always done well.  But, one house down the road has maybe four a year.  I think she buys from others then when she has a plethora of stuff, she sells.  A lot of work for sure.  A lady down in the village had one last month and I stopped on the way home.  She had the usual and I saw nothing I couldn't live without.  Then, when she figured out where I live, she started talking to me about her neighbors, which I've known for 40 years, but she didn't know that.  She said how she 'had her in the hospital last year' and how 'she mows their yard' and 'their son, L...... always comes home and backs his tractor-trailer in their yard and f...s it up' and 'their granddaughter committed suicide and him a preacher' and 'last winter the fuel-oil dealer wouldn't deliver because their basement was too packed with junk, so she cleaned it out and sold it and they split the money, now it's filled back up' and 'the other two boys never come around' and on and on.  Quite the little chatter-box she was and what a potty-mouth.  I stopped at another yard sale on Friday coming home from breakfast.  SCORE!!!  Got a nice insulated work shirt and a very nice leather jacket for $1 each.  Perfect fit too!  Guess I'll have to stop at them more often, I usually don't have that kind of luck.

Later.................

1 comment:

Dizzy-Dick said...

My wife likes to shop at yard sells and flea markets. Yesterday she for about three dollars she brought home about thrity dollars worth of new yarn. Since she crochets and weaves, it gets used up fast.