Monday, July 4, 2011

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL.....

Had neighbors setting off fireworks last night. Luckily, we had a nice amount of rain with a small thunderstorm and they waited until that was over. There is a new house on the hill somewhat behind me. Not too close, but I can hear their dog barking and in the winter, see their Christmas lights. They were setting them off and then the guy up the road on the farm was also having fun. So, I had fireworks in stereo. There is a fireworks store in the village towards the river and they were doing a booming business this weekend. Probably be more to go off tonight.

With the rain that came thru, I didn't have to water the new plants, but I'm gonna lose a few. Must call the landscaper, he'll replace them.

Dad's hand is not quite as swollen. I still think it's old 'arther' from him messing in the wood for three days. He told me his thumb was really paining him this morning. Still trying to talk to him about going to the doctors but if he won't take Tylenol for the pain, he won't listen to the doc either. Heck, he's his own worse enemy. Won't manage the pain but continue to bitch about it.

Well, I hope everyone has a good Independence Day, probably not too many left for us.

3 comments:

HossBoss said...

Same to you, Sharon ...enjoy the light show in stereo!

SHARON said...

Hey HossBoss, it's kind of quiet tonight, guess they have to go back to work tomorrow. Ooops, there go some, but, nothing like last night. Thanks for dropping in.

Arsenius the Hermit said...

Our fireworks got rained out by a thunderstorm.