Sunday, July 24, 2011

TWO MORE DOGS A-COMIN'.................

I haven't done a thing all day, except, cook Archie's chicken, clean up the kitchen and do a load of wash. Tree guys are coming tomorrow to 'trim' my cherry tree at the road. NO, I didn't hire them, the power company did. The first guy stopped a month ago and informed me they would be coming in case I needed to be home. I said, "Well, yeh, the black dog bites, and if she was out, that would be a problem." 'Oh' he says. Kinda stepping back away from Cleo, who was standing on the porch with me, eyeing him up. "And, besides, I don't want your guys butchering my tree. I understand you need to keep it away from the wires. But the way I've seen some trees trimmed, you just as well cut the poor things down." So, on Friday, another guy stopped and told me they'd be here on Monday at 8 o'clock, unless that's too early. I told him that would be fine and repeated to him what I had said to the first fellow. This time, Cleo was in the house, barking her head off. I think he got the message.
My friend Mike called this after. If you remember, he was the one that his wife left, and he got laid off after I did, and now he's losing his house. I had told him I would take his two dogs, then he didn't call and didn't email and when he finally did. I was not in a position to take them. I felt really bad, but, I had just had that mini-stroke and wasn't doing too good. Much better now and I told him to bring them down so I can see how everyone gets along. They are both girls, neutered, and, use to cats. His cats went to a friends house. He finally got a job thru a temp agency, looking to get hired full time. Has to be out of the house by August 4th. And, he told me he'll be out of a job in a year or two cause they had a meeting and were informed the plant is moving to MEXICO! He said it was the usual 'dog and pony' show about why they're doing it. I guess most people swallowed it, however, Mike has been down that road and knows the only reason is $$$$$$$$$$$$$. So, my bloggin friends, pray that these 2 dogs will fit in and I will be able to take care of all my furry kids. Like I told him, Cleo is 13 1/2, her eyes are getting cloudy and I think her hearing is starting to fail. I know Coco is a good watch dog cause I've been to their house. I am more concerned about being without a big dog than I am taking care of two more. It'll work out.

Later...............

No comments: