Sunday, May 6, 2012

GYPSYS........

were here on Thursday.  Two different ones.  The first guy showed up in the morning, pulled in my driveway and the passenger came to the door, knocked, setting the dogs in a frenzy.  First off, he called me 'sir'.  Wouldn't look me in the eye, showed the business card with a large ASPHALT printed on it.  I couldn't really hear the rest of what he was saying, so I told him I wasn't interested in paving the driveway, I just had it stoned last year.  To which he thanked me for my time and headed back to the truck.  The next 'gypsy' came in the afternoon, offering to sell me steaks and I'd get the chicken and fish free.  Virginia tags on the van!!!  Now, with the price of gas....how in the sam hill can they afford to drive around and sell this meat.  I was getting ready to tell him I was a vegaterian as I had to do that several years ago in order to get rid of the guy.  But this fellow wasn't that bad and when I told him I wasn't interested he said he was sorry for 'setting off the alarms' (the dogs) and left.  The only problem with these 'visitors' (last month, their was a young man in an old beater, pulled in the driveway and came up on the porch; asked me if this was 467 ------ road.  I told him "No, it would be up that way towards the village."  He left, but that's when I noticed there was no pizza dingy thingy on the roof of his car.  Hmmmmm), anyhow, like I said, the only problem is I have to open the door to talk to these goofs.  All three looked pass me at the dogs, but, they are gated off in the kitchen.  I really don't want to put a storm door on as the sun is wicked in the afternoon and would heat up the metal door to the point of warpage of the plastic around the glass.  I guess a wooden screen door will go back on, like before.  At least it will be a barrier.  Or, I suppose I could meet 'em at the door with a gun in my hand.  Ha!!

Later..............

2 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

The thing I worry about when a stranger stops is that they are checking the place out to maybe come back later.

SHARON said...

I hear ya. I hope the dogs are a big deterrant to that thought. The chocolate lab, not so much, although she is loud and big, but, everyone knows labs are wusses. The other one is more unpredictable and mouthier. The little guy is just mouthy. Thanks for stopping by friend.