Sunday, May 20, 2012

SAD NEWS....

from my friend Trudy last night.  She called about 7:30 and I could tell right away it was not a social call.  She lost her dog on Friday, a dobie named Fancy.  The dog was 11 1/2, which is old for a dobe.  They usually leave us around 8, and are susceptable to heart problems.  Trudy came home and found her on the kitchen floor so she's guessing it was her heart.  Although there were no signs of her slowing down or having problems.  The really sad thing is this is the last connection to her late husband, Rick, and Friday was their aniversary.  Go figure.  Then her friend Phillip called to tell her that a very good friend in Vermont, Henry, who was 85, had passed.  She and Phillip had visited them last September and stayed with Henry and his wife.  They are master gardeners and still take care of their farm.  Trudy then had to tell him about Fancy, to which he replied, "I'm coming home."  Such a sweet guy.  I hope she gets another dog, but, with the economy the way it is, and she is living pretty much on a widow's pension as her unemployment has run out, the cost of keeping animals has to be considered.  She still has her cats, I think there's 9.  But, that's not the same as having a dog.  I told her if she needs a dog fix, come see me.

Gotta get busy, clean house and throw the wash in the dryer.  Even tho it's nice and sunny, I don't like hanging wash out on Sunday.

Later....................

4 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

It is like loosing a beloved family member when your old dog passes and maybe even harder since they are bt your side all the time. At least mine are.

HermitJim said...

They say bad news always comes in threes.

Losing a pet (friend, roomie, companion) is always hard.

East Side Portland Carpet Cleaning said...

Thanks for sharing a piece of your life! I really enjoyed your blog. More power to you!

SHARON said...

Thanks for the comments folks. This blog is a great way to relieve everyday stress and I appreciate all of you dropping by and especially leaving comments. I'm thinking Trudy will need an 'Archie Fix' sometime this week.