Friday, August 19, 2011

TGIF, EVEN THO I'M RETIRED............

Didn't go to breakfast this morning. The rest of the gang were going over to a diner on the main highway outta the city. Then going to a tourist trap. If I want to see antique tractors, I'll look in my dad's barn. It's too freakin' hot to walk around there.
New dogs are doing great. Miss Mary Fiona is doing great. Still don't let her out of the carrier without me being here. First and only time so far, I had to get her out from behind the washer. Right now, everyone is napping.
Went to supper last night with the girls and was surprised to see Bob there. He said Judy was at the beach with her family. He never goes because they have two newfoundlanders, two big birds and a turtle, Sheldon, isn't that a great name for a turtle? He's a snapper and is HUGE. Judy wants to release him, but Bob says someone will just shoot him for snapper soup and he won't do it.
Meeting Sue and Sarah and going to a book sale at the local historical society, then going to supper.

Later...............

2 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

A big snapping turtle as a pet? Does Bob have any fingers left?

SHARON said...

Would you believe, he just told me that now he's starting to snap at ya. It was never a problem before. Maybe the old boy needs a girlfriend, that's the turtle, not Bob.