Monday, December 12, 2011

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW!

Back on October 15th, I went to a local Historical Society's Fall Fest.  They were selling tickets, at $20 a pop, and I told the fellow at the table, "Don't bother selling anymore tickets, I'm gonna win it!"  It was for an 18th Century Gun made by a local gunsmith and his son.  It is a 54 Cal. Flintlock-Colonial Virginia Rifle with a curly maple stock and brass mounts.  Along with this beautiful rifle is a belt knife with curly maple handle in a sheath, a scrimshawed powder horn.  Also a hawk and turkey call, nipple pick and brush.  Measurement piece, a beautiful, handmade leather 'possible pouch' and a very, very sharp hatchet in a leather holder, plus, other accouterments. 
AND, IT'S MINE, ALL MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WOO HA HA.
I was in bed Sunday night by 8:30 and around 9 I heard my cell phone beep that little beep that tells me I have a voice mail.  I told the dogs, "Thats the Historical Society telling your mommy that she's won that rifle!"  Now, I need some black powder........














2 comments:

Odysseus said...

Wow, you have my jealousy.

SHARON said...

Yes, I haven't been able to wipe the smile off of my face yet.