Tuesday, December 20, 2011

YEAH, GO AHEAD, PISS ME OFF.....................

So, between winning the black powder rifle and installing the two gas wall furnaces.  I figured I should go see my insurance company.  Archie and I go for a visit, and I talk to Jill, my agent.  She ends up changing my policy plan to cover all my firearms for only $40 more a year.  Then we talk about the gas heaters and some how get over onto the wood stoves!  WTH!  "The underwriter wants pictures of your wood stoves and needs you to fill out this questionaire."  WTH!  'How did we get from black powder rifle/gas furnaces to wood stoves?  Which, by-the-way, I've been burning since 1984!'  "Well......."  'Look,' I say,'we went thru all of this when they were both installed.  I insisted on your guy coming down to the house and personally looking at the installation!  I get both chimneys cleaned every year, I burn good, dry wood.  The chimney sweep is very pleased with how the chimneys look when he done.  Call him, he's local.  Call the stove people, they installed both of the stoves and the gas furnaces.  This is pissin' me off girl.'  She just looks at me.  I take the pictures on Sunday.  Take them up Monday.  The other agent, who stops wussin' on Archie long enuf to look at the pics, says, 'Oh, he might not like the distance between the front of the stove and the wood floor.'   GRRRRRRRRRR.  He probably doesn't know a wood stove from a manure spreader.  I tell her after the holidays, I'm buying a hearth rug.  (Which I really am planning on.  Honest.)  She just looks at me.  I not only have my home insured with 'them', but, both the car, truck and my medicare supplement.  Walk lightly my friend, walk lightly.  There is no such thing as loyalty any more.
Other than that, it's been an uneventful week.  A surprise snow on Saturday night, just a dusting of sleet and a little snow.  Today is cloudy and looks like rain.  Not as cold as it has been, not as cold as it's gonna be.

Later.....................

2 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Insurance, a neccessary evil, for sure.

Stephen said...

Merry Christmas, Sweet Lady.