Wednesday, February 24, 2010

BE THANKFUL FOR EVERY DAY...

I might have jumped the gun about this computer, the more I use it the more I like it.

I told my friend Lois that I'd take her tomorrow to get the bazzillion staples out where they put in the pacemaker. I swear, I didn't have that many when I had my hissy back in '87. Now they are saying more snow is coming, could be another foot of the heavy, wet stuff, with a lot of wind this time. It's suppose to start after midnight and her appointment is 9am. I told her when she called me tonight that I would still take her, I got new tires before Christmas. But, she had better call and make sure they are open. She said we'll make up our minds in the morning. She doesn't want anything to happen to my truck.

We had another house fire in the area on Monday. Thats 2 in 2 weeks. I think the first one is suspicious 'cause the house was under construction and was empty. The second one is being called accidental and the firemen found the 57 year old womans body in the basement where the fire started. It was her parents farm, a brick house, probably 200 years old, with a slate roof that kept the smoke, heat and flames inside. Last year there was another house fire where a 90 some year old woman died. That house was so full of clutter, she couldn't get the door open to get out. A fireman broke it down and she collapsed in his arms. Such a shame.

1 comment:

HossBoss said...

I'm glad you're liking the computer better. Change is always annoying at first.

House fires are always devastating, especially when someone dies as a result. Sometimes new structures still under construction catch fire because someone who didn't have a warm place to sleep takes refuge inside and tries to build a small fire to keep warm.

Hope the snow is not too bad for you and your friend's drive to the doctor this morning.