Tuesday, February 16, 2010

MOMMA WOULD BE SO PROUD...

Went to an auction yesterday. My friend Sarah had spied a sampler with my G.G.G.Grandmother's name on it. Neither of us have ever been to this auction house before but it was pretty nice, everything ran like clock work. There were some bargains to be had, Sarah got two little bowls for $20 and I got a different looking crock for $20. The sampler was a different story and being my mother's daughter (she always said...Never let the other guy get it for a dollar) I brought it home. Well, not yet, I dropped it off at the framers. It needed to be framed properly with acid-free paper and UV glass and all that stuff. When all is done, the little sampler set me back $400, but OMG, it's 157 years old with the family name on it. Couldn't pass that up. I don't think it was G.G.G.Grandmother tho, my G.G.Grandmother was her name sake, but I don't think it was her either. There was a granddaughter with the same name who was born in 1853 and I think it was her sampler. Anyhow, it stayed in the family.
My friend Lois called me last night, they did a heart cath and everything was OK so they went ahead and put in the pacemaker. She said she'd be coming home today. Glad thats over.

2 comments:

HossBoss said...

What a cool find, Sharon! I'm glad your friend's procedure went well too. Amazing what they can these days!

James R. Rummel said...

Good post!