Wednesday, February 10, 2010

MORE 'GOREBAL' WARMING, EH?

H&R Block called me yesterday, "Would you like to move your appointment up to today?" 'Works for me.' Woo-Hoo, got a refund, life is good, maybe a new computer!!! This one is starting to act tired. I was sort of concerned since I had so much going on with 4 months salary, unemployment then social security. But, it all worked out. On the way home, about 4:30, I ran into snow. Was up at 5:30 this morning to take the dogs out and had about 6 inches on the ground. Just out again and shoveled a path to the bird feeders, I'm guessing there's around 8 or 9 inches. Not snowing now, but the worse wind and snow is coming after lunch.

Lost the satellite signal a while ago. Two power company trucks just went by, they are probably anticipating outages. Everyone is talking about what a blizzard this is and no one is mentioning the one we had in '58. Maybe everybody at the Weather Channel isn't old enuf to remember that one. It dumped 44" in one storm.

It's now 12:30 and the wind is howling, we are in white-out conditions. The poor birds can hardly fly. I put a bunch of black oil sunflower seeds and fine cracked corn down on the ground 'cause the one feeder is getting empty and I can't get to it thru 4' of snow drifts. But, it looks like I had better go out again. I'm seeing a lot of tail feathers and butt holes as they try to dig down to the seeds.

It's about 4, went out and shoveled to the poor bird feed again. The snow has drifted into my wood shed. I think the stuff up on top should be OK. It will take me all day to shovel to the shed. I can hardly see the truck, forget about the car. I never swept it off from the last snow. I'll be busy for the rest of the week. I hope the wind dies down tomorrow. I probably have 4' of snow on the ground with drifts up to 6' or more.

No comments: