Wednesday, February 29, 2012

TRUCK'S HOME............

and it's looks great.  I found two places that he should've taken care of.  But, I'll forgive him. 

It started raining about an hour ago, so, I'll take the car today.  Drove the truck all day yesterday, felt good to be back in my baby.  I love that thing.  Even Rich, the body shop guy, said how much fun it was to drive and what power it has for a Dakota. 

Dad found a puddle under his GMC on Monday.  We think it's anti-freeze.  So, after he took me down to pick up my truck.  We went over to Sam's garage.  I'd called them earlier to see if they had the time to take a look.  Both Sam and Jim were all over the thing and couldn't find any moisture.  So, Dad went home and put a piece of cardboard under it.  Nothing showed up as of yesterday afternoon.

I just can't seem to get warm this winter.  And, it's not been a bad winter at all.  Don't know what is wrong.  I guess if winter does hit, ie....snow, blowing winds etc., I'll move my bed out to the wood stove and hybernate until spring.  Ha!

Stopped at a lady's house yesterday who lives down in the village.  My friend Trudy use to work for a government agency and she had her as a client.  Trudy asked me last Friday if I ever see her and Cindy was out in her yard yesterday when I was coming home that way.  So I stopped and told her who I was and that Trudy was asking for her.  She was thrilled and said to tell her HI.  She then told me ALL of her health problems and she has 6 dogs, 2 ducks, chickens etc.  The old house is full of termites and the landlady won't buy the permits to tear it down and move a trailer in.  She was robbed a few months ago so she bought a 45.  The cop told her to shoot 'em next time and drag them in the house.  And on, and on.  I feel bad for her, she works at that place all the time, and it's not even hers.  Oh well, I'd better do something myself....

Later..............

2 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Could the puddle under the vehicle be from melting snow or a puddle he drove through before parking?

SHARON said...

I stuck my finger in it and it was greasy, not oily. So that's why we think it's anti-freeze. Nothing on the cardboard yesterday either. He'll fuss about it for weeks, as he is very 'anal' about his truck.