Wednesday, August 15, 2012

WENT OVER TO DAD'S............

today.  He wanted to move this nasty piece of steel, probably a 4x8, that was propped against the back of the barn.  Put it on a skid and set it out front for the sale.  So, he got his JD with the loader, pulled up to it, (a little too far, put a dent in the barn siding) and I was just going to let it flop over.  But.........NNNOOOO, he gets off and grabs the other side, we flop and he falls, ever so graceful, on his butt and back.  Now, remember, he fell last Wednesday also.  I shut the tractor off and asked him if he was OK (other than pissed off).  He was, but, it took him 20 minutes to 'butt-walk' himself to the tractor in order to pull himself up.  The only way I could help was grab his belt, 'cause his ribs still hurt from the last fall.  This sale cannot get here fast enuf.  I also told him, he'd better not even get out of bed NEXT Wednesday.  Looks like tomorrow will be the last sunny day this week.  Better mow.  Already told dad I'd be late getting over.

Not much else happening.  Don't know what to think of the coming election.  I DO know who I'm NOT gonna vote for.  But haven't done much research on Romney's VP choice yet.  I do think we are headed quickly down the drain; been circling it since 2008.  If he's gets back in, might as well hit the lever and flush it all, eh?

Later...............

1 comment:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Sorry to hear that your Dad fell again. Hope he will be OK. And I know what you mean about the election.