Sunday, July 22, 2012

QUIET SUNDAY............

at least that's what I tell the dogs.  Only one open carriage and one buggy went past the house this morning.  That was before I got out of bed, then, while walking Archie in the back yard, a young man went by on a scooter.  My house is in the bottom of a valley, sorta a small bowl, with slight hills all around.  The biggest hill is towards the village.  These kids hunker down on their scooters at the top of that hill and by the time they pass my house, they are FLYING!  And, he was.  He was pass the house, almost to the bridge by the time the dogs noticed him.  Archie and Coco just barked, but, Daisy went running past me like a race horse.  Funny.  Anyhow, this will be a Quiet Sunday with few Amish going by.  I'll be able to watch the British Open in peace.

Had a nice lunch by the river yesterday with Sue and Sarah.  Got on line yesterday and outta 14 reviews, 9 were very bad.  I told the girls, they agreed we would see for ourselves.  When we got there, I mentioned to the hostess about the reviews and she told me they have a new chef.  OK.  Well, we got a LOT of attention from 3 different waitresses, the hostess was at our table, the manager stopped by and then the chef came over.  I guess they were concerned?  I didn't mention the reviews to get all of this attention, but, we assured them that the food was excellent, the wait staff was attentive and, of course, the view of the river was excellent.  Last night, I got on the web site and put in my own review saying how great the place was.  Hope it helps.  Gotta go, fix breakfast, or lunch, whatever.

Later.............

4 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

You just can't please everyone. You know, I like liver and spinich and some don't.

SHARON said...

Maybe some people were just having a bad day. I will go back to this place, and, when I do, take Archie and sit on the deck. How cool is that?

Dizzy-Dick said...

That is cool. My three Shih Tzus would love that. Their favorite thing is to eat. . .

SHARON said...

Gotta love dem dogs!!!!