Tuesday, November 27, 2012

SNOW IS A NO-SHOW.........

I really expected to wake up to white this morning.  But, alas, nadda, zip, zero, goose-egg, nuttin.  Oh well, it'll be here soon I'm sure.  It's just, I really had no where to go today but over to Dad's, which is about 3 miles, so, I could stay in and enjoy.  Instead of snow, we're getting lotsa rain, whatever.  Got the wood stove going, everyone is veggin out.  These guys have SUCH a hard life.
Spose to be warmer in a few days, up into the 50's, so I can clean up the barn and the wood shed.  Had planned to do it a couple of weeks ago, after Sandy buzzed thru.  Raked the leaves and twigs and had some serious burning going on.  The smoke got to me and sinusitis/bronchitis set in.  Took over two weeks to start feeling better.  So that put the barn/wood shed clean-up behind schedule.  I really need to rearrange the barn so I can get the snow-blower out when I need it. 
Nothin' else going on, gotta go.

Later...............

5 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Maybe you will have a white Christmas instead.

Dizzy-Dick said...

The news said that your area may get snow this afternoon. Is it snowing yet?

SHARON said...

nope, my friend Barb called from outside Philly, they got a couple of inches. I went for the mail and noticed a southbound truck with about 3 inches of snow on its hood. Dodged the bullet, I did.

HermitJim said...

Snow is one of those things we don't get much of here in Houston! Probably a good thing, since most of the folks here are terrible drivers anyway!

Stay warm!

SHARON said...

Hey Hermit, got two wood stoves, an Eden Pure heater for the kitchen and my two new gas wall furnaces. If I'm cold, it's my own fault. Cold weather never use to bother me, but now the 'hot flashes' have stopped and I mind the cold a lot more. Maybe I should move to Texas before you guys secede.