Monday, April 29, 2013

RAINING TODAY..............

but, that's OK.  I was a heathen and mowed the yard yesterday.  Couldn't get to it on Saturday as Fred came down and we split up all of the wood I had stored behind the wood shed.  But not before we replaced the fuel line on the splitter.  Crappy gas.  We got to the store and I remembered I had no money, neither did Fred.  I asked if Dave was there, he's the owner.  When he came over, I told him I had two problems....I need a new fuel line for the splitter and I forgot my money.  He just smiled and fixed us right up.  When we were walking out, he told the girl, "They're OK, they are just stealing from me."  Impressed the heck outta Fred, who said, "Wow, couldn't do that up where I live."  I told him there are perks to living in the country. 
Then Matt and Sarah arrived in his beautiful Ford Diesel towing a trailer, and took home the '35 Dodge cab I'd been storing for them for the last 10 years.  So, after they left, it was too late to mow, as I had to get over to Dad's.  Archie needs his Pop-Pop fix every day.  
Sunday morning, worked on cleaning out the shed getting ready to sling wood, leveled up where everything was stored and built a rack, and moved the recycle bins there.  Sowed some grass seed, then mowed the yard.  This rain is a blessing for sure.  Suppose to do it tomorrow and the next day.
I'll work at the wood like a mouse eats an elephant............one bite at a time.

Later.................

2 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

You sure do keep busy. Don't forget to take the time to smell the roses.

SHARON said...

DD...Have to keep at it or it won't get done.