Friday, August 13, 2010

HERE'S WHAT THEY TELL ME......

After the dealership investigated this matter, and, they knew I had tightened the lug nuts, they told me to come up ASAP. They took all the wheels off, check and cleaned the crap out of the area between the aluminum wheel and brake drum and put all new lug nuts on. THEY are telling me that because of the aluminum wheel and steel drum there is a build up of stuff. The lugs are tightened and after I run it (this time it was about 300 miles) the stuff has disappeared and the wheel has become lose. That's their tale, I sit on mine. I'm not a mechanic nor have I ever played one on TV, but, that's what they're telling me. They also said there are two other vehicles that come thru their shop that do the same thing. Any mechanics out there that can verify this?

No comments: