Sunday, October 24, 2010

SOON; VERY,VERY, SOON...........

....this will all be over. Cousin John and, his brother, Joe have finished all of the concrete work and, he's coming tomorrow to take the form off of the new step out front. (Last minute request). Then, he's done, for now. I want him to look at fixing the barn in the spring.
Fred came down today and started putting the siding back on the rear of the house where the door (now a window) was. He's already buttoned up the inside part where the stairs were.
The tile guys are coming tomorrow afternoon to make a template for the hearth and then will be back on Wednesday and Thursday to put the new granite hearth down and do all of the tile work in both rooms. Once thats done, the new floor goes down in the living room.
The driveway people will call me when they are coming down. Should only take a day, maybe two.
The landscaper finally got back to me (after I called him), and they should be here the first week in November.
The first Saturday in November is scheduled as wood splitting/cutting day with friends.

I need to stock up on more 'me' food. Went to the pet food store last week and the critters are in better shape than me. I have been leaning towards just canned food because I don't trust the electrical grid if something happens. More than once we've dug a snow cave to put the frozen food in during a power outage.

Have to take the truck back on Tuesday for needed repairs to pass inspection. Still cheaper than truck payments. Finally got the car on the road, and it needs inspected before the end of the year. Should get it serviced also since its been sitting for over a year.

No comments: