Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A MYSTERY IS SOLVED............

After going to the range yesterday with Bobby, I decided to go to the insurance office and check on putting a rider on this gun.  My homeowner's insurance would only offer me $2500 if something happened to it.  The fellow told me to insure it for $3500, so she is checking on the best way to handle insuring the new baby, plus others.  Anyhow, left there and went to the gun shop to pick up two more clips for Elsie Pea, and, figured I'd show the guys the new prize.  Had to wipe off the druel at least five times.  They were all envious of me and happy for me.  One guy even offered me $500 for it!  LOL.  Everytime I'd put it back in it's wool sock, another guy came in and I had to take it out and show it and everything else.  Took me about two hours to get my clips and get out of there.  But, it was a blast.  The last guy that came in is retired, as of November 1st, from Baltimore Metro Police Department.  His son is still working in juvy at a neighboring town.  So, we were talking about kids today, and the subject came up about how they wear their pants down around their butt.  This is where the mystery is now solved.  The ex-city cop said, "Do you know how all that started?"  I shook my head, as did others.  He then proceeded to enlighten us........."It started in prison, when a guy would wear his pants down, like these kids now do, it was telling other inmates..'HEY, I'M AVAILABLE'.  When I would arrest a kid, dressed like that, I'd always tell them this.  Some kids having a 28 waist, would buy pants size 54!  Bunch them up in front and hold them.  They were the easiest to catch, 'cause the pants would fall down around their ankles when they'd tried to out run me."  We were all laughing so hard, tears were rolling.  Can't wait to tell my cousins.  Maybe this will convince them to dress more normal.
Well, baked oatmeal is done, need breakfast.

Later.............

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Sad, but they don't care.

SHARON said...

Yes, it is sad. And, they don't care. I'm hoping these two boys, my cousins, will outgrow this idiotic fad and turn into fairly well-adjusted, wage-earning, good men. We shall see..........