Thursday, January 24, 2013

I'M GOING BACK TO A HORSE AND BUGGY....

no, wait, that won't work either.  Have to build a barn, buy hay, vet bills.  Crap.  Anyhow, Monday, took the car to Sam to fix the tire but, as in a previous post, the screw was short and only in the tread.  Ahhhhh.  Life's good.

Today, took the truck to the PO and got about 3/4's there when the heater started blowing cold air.....again.....Managed to do a u-turn before it shut off.  Temp was WAY OVER....Crap.  Called Sam,  "See if it starts and try to get it here,  it's probably the stat."  Right.  Started it after the temp dropped, managed to get another mile or so.  Did that two more times and got it to the garage.  When I looked back at the truck while walking into the garage, I saw the drip.  Crap.  Sam went out and saw a drip, crawled under the truck.  Came back in, looked at me and said, "I don't believe it, that $%^&* plug is gone."  We decided to go with a new radiator, Sam brought me home and then we saw all of the anti-freeze in the driveway and down the road.  Later, Sam called me to say he called a couple of guys with shops and both said, new rad, once this happens you'll never keep a plug in.  Oh, and when he left my house, he spotted the plug down by the bridge.  It's not hurt, nothing broken, just can't figure out why it flew out.  I googled the problem and one fellow said there might be excessive pressure in the cooling system and to check for head gasket issues.  Crap.

Later..................

3 comments:

HermitJim said...

This stuff just never ends, does it?

Dizzy-Dick said...

If you had a horse it would probably get the colic. I know if it were me that would happen.

SHARON said...

Hey HJ, you are so right!!

DD...I never really bonded with horses. Love to watch them run and think they are beautiful but, nah, I don't need more responsibility, just a new radiator!