Friday, September 16, 2011

IN THE MID SIXTIES ALL WEEKEND............

It's been a fast and busy week. Got my chimneys cleaned on Monday. Bob said they were both dirty but it was like flour. Which is what he likes to see. "That tells me you're burning dry wood, good wood and, you're burning it hot." He did find two problems, the clean out door won't close properly on the front chimney, so, he put a stone against it. And, the crock thru the wall to the back chimney is cracked because the chimney settled. He told me to get some furnace cement and put it in the crack all the way around. The good thing is my stove pipe goes all the way thru to the chimney. I need to do that this weekend 'cause I could be burning them now, it's gotten that chilly.

Tuesday, my nephew called to tell me his older half-brother (from his dad's first marriage), was killed in a car accident last Friday. Leaves a wife and two young sons plus a grown son to his first wife. Then he lays on me that his first girlfriend (the one his mom always said he should have married) died of cancer this year at 55. Then he tells me his wife has rectal cancer and is taking some kind of chemo implant. Of course, then I had to tell dad the next day, so, that sucked.

Went over to my friend Trudy's place on Wednesday for a visit. She was puttin' up corn. I took her a little hand made ceramic turtle that I bought at a craft show on Saturday. This woman loves turtles, her dobie, Tucquan, use to find little box turtles and bring them to her. Took a book about PA Quakers and the underground railroad for her friend Philip to read. He told me this morning he is already on page 60.

Went to supper Wednesday nite, 'cause the fair was this week and the parade was Wednesday night. We park at the restaurant, eat, then watch it. If you're not a customer the owner won't let you park there. She was out in the parking lot being a regular Attila the Hun. She is greek and speaks her mind to whomever. I think she was enjoying it.

Went to breakfast this morning then came home and waited for the driveway guys to show. They came about 12:30 and left about 3. Driveway was a mess, couldn't keep the grass out and there was a nasty mud hole in the middle. Looks really nice now, and, as much as I don't like using Round Up because of the animals. I'm getting some and attacking that grass! I still need to tweek the edge some more, and maybe rebuild the stone wall in the front, but, that won't be a problem.

Fred is coming down on Sunday, hope he can finish the lattuce work outside before cold weather. Well, that's been my week, the dogs are doing great, Coco has lost some weight, I give up try to call the other one Daisy and I'll just have to get use to the name she had when they got her.....Butter Cup! Yech!!! I just call the little angel Butter and she comes a-runnin'. Mary Fiona Irene is still screaming when I pick her up, but once I hold her, the purring starts. She eats like crazy and runs like the leg was never broken. Loves climbing on the cat tree.

Later...............

3 comments:

Stephen said...

I can't wait for cooler weather. Have a good weekend.

Dizzy-Dick said...

Cooler here, too. Finally got below 100.

SHARON said...

Thanks for dropping in guys, in a way, I'm looking forward to winter.