Sunday, July 25, 2010

WENT VISITING

Archie and I were invited up to friends for brunch this morning. Homemade dried beef gravey on fried potatoes and onions with scrapple and toast and GOOD coffee and cold OJ. Boy that was good. Am waiting for him to email the pics he took of Archie and I will post them. Too funny.
Then stopped at my friend Patty's and dropped off the Southern Living Mags I had been saving for her. She is originally from VA and she misses the south. While there, a really nasty, but fast-moving storm hit, so, I was storm-stayed for a while.
Then left there and stopped at Fred's to chit-chat, didn't stay long.
Then went to PetSmart to pick up a few things and while there, got a call from Ross that they were going to the restaurant!!!! Yay!!!!
Told him where I was and I had to take Archie home first then I would be up. Stopped for gas cause I was running on the fumes. Got home and Cleo had messed in the kitchen. Must've been a bad storm or she wouldn't have done that. No, I did not yell at the poor thing, I could tell she was embarrassed about it. Cleaned that up and took off for the restaurant where, to my delight, Bill and Lois were there too!

2 comments:

HossBoss said...

Sounds good, but I have one question ...what is scrapple? Must be a regional dish?

Glad you had such a good day!

: )

SHARON said...

Yes, Scrapple is a regional dish and considered Pennsylvania Dutch. It's a cornmeal mush mixed with pork scraps, seasoned with onions, spices, herbs, etc., and shaped into loaves and then sliced for frying. The best bought scrapple IMHO is Haberstroh's and I have only been able to fry it up correctly one time. That's with the one side just a little hard and the other side not as hard. That way it doesn't fall apart. I like mine with syrup on it, some people put ketchup on theirs. And some people wouldn't eat it if you held a gun to their head.