Monday, March 22, 2010

RATS

I've been smelling mouse poo. Actually, I think the three dead ones were rats, 'cause their tails were really long. Anyhow, I started cleaning out the laundry room. Found the cause of the smell. Turds everywhere. So, I cleaned out the two cabinets and moved them into the other room off of the kitchen. This gave me a chance to go thru my preps and rotate and check dates. I started last night and again, all day, today. Everything is back in order now and even better. The laundry room smells better but I'm not done. I'll have to move the washer and dryer and freezer also. If these three little rats left this much poop and stink behind, I can't imagine what CONgress smells like. No wonder politicians leave DC in the summer.

Took an hour off and went to get the mail and stopped at Dad's. I was filling out his census, and we were talking about the pedal car I got when I was about 1 or 2. His neighbor just bought one for his kids. Dad was telling him I still have mine. He put back up lights from an old Ford in it for headlights using a 'hot-shot' battery for juice. I was the only kid that could ride up and down the sidewalk after dark.
He told me that some farmers used those kind of batteries to help start the old Fordson tractors. In the winter, some guys would actually build fires under the tractors to heat the oil and thin it out. These tractors were crank started and had 40 or 50 weight oil in them. Thick as molasses when it was cold. He then said, "I've seen Pop, that was his father, crank that tractor until steam came out of his underwear." Well, I laughed so hard, I couldn't write. I haven't laughed that hard in ages. I would expect something like that coming out of my mom's mouth, but not dad's.

No comments: