Tuesday, May 11, 2010

BUSY SUNDAY AFTER ALL

I was sorta dreading Sunday, I haven't enjoyed a Mother's Day in 30 years. When your mom has altzeimers, everything changes. So, what to do, what to do.
There was the annual 'Make-A-Wish' truck convoy in our area to go to. This was its 21st year and I had never seen it. It would be something to do and get me out of the house.
On the way to Denise's I stopped at Bob's. I worked with both of these people. I had a rooster-on-a-nest for his wife. She collects roosters. My friend, Pat, that had passed away last year, collected hens-on-a-nest and this was the only rooster. I knew Weezie would love and cherish it also. They were just sitting down to breakfast and asked me to join them for fried taters, cheesey eggs. Bob made me toast. Boy was that good.
Then, Archie and I went on to Denise's house, which is right on the main street and this parade will go right past her big old porch. Archie howled when the fire trucks and ambulances blew their sirens. There was about a dozen people there and a good time was had by all.
On the way home, I stopped at Fred and Bev's to say hey and they invited me to stay for supper. Steak, carrots, culliflower. Yummy.........

No comments: