Wednesday, June 29, 2011

PHONES ARE RIGHT THERE WITH COMPUTERS....

Got up early this morning with every intention of going for my blood work. COULD NOT find the script, anywhere. Got cell phone to call Dr's office to ask them to fax the thing to the lab, (this is the third time I've had to do this). Cell phone had NO service. Never had that problem with my old Trac Phone. Yes, it's a Trac Phone, when I knew, in my gut, that things were going down at work, I didn't renew my phone with ATT, but, opted for a Trac Phone in order to save $$$$ every month. Never had a problem until this one. So, since I was already pissed off, I called them, "Allo, this is John, thank you for your call, and how may I help you today?" Yeh, we both know your name is probably Habeeb, but at least I can understand the guy. He proceeds to check and re-check, after I told him I was ready to throw this thing in the river and get a real phone, and re-check some more, came up with the solution. I was out of minutes as of today!!!! "OH NO I'M NOT, I HAVE 1270 MINUTES LEFT UNTIL 28th OF OCTOBER 2011." "Oh, wait, I need your serial number." Gave it to him. "OK, I have updated your file, and yes you do have .........blah, blah. And, let me check one more thing." They don't even play music, anyhow, he comes back on and tells me they are sending me a new phone. "But, I like this one, it just doesn't work in my house" "One minute, let me check one more thing." OK, we are sending you updates for your present phone, and it should work within 24 hours.OK?" "And, I don't have to do anything?" "Oh no, mamm, it is guaranteed to work in 24 hours, and, if it doesn't you should call us back and we will send you a new phone." "OK, thanks."
We'll see. Oh, and I called the Dr's with the land line, she laughed and is faxing it to the lab. I'll just have to go tomorrow.

2 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Bet you end up with a new phone. . .

Arsenius the Hermit said...

I have a cell phone for emergencies, but they better happen in the right spot because cell coverage here is marginal, due to terrain masking. I have a land line at the house, with old fashioned corded phones. It's reliable, even when the power is out.