Monday, August 29, 2011

DAISY, DAISY, DAISY, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE.........

Was out yesterday, towards evening, with the dogs, and, Jesse, a young man that lives in the village about a mile up the road, was walking down to the bridge. He does this at least once a day. Seems like a nice, quiet teenager. Walks with ear phones and waves when he sees me. Anyhow, this is the first time I've been out with the dogs, I've been lucky. Well, you'd think Jesse was the swamp monster. Such barking and carrying on. Then, good old Daisy runs out into the road! I'm screaming at her, she comes back, almost to me and takes off again. Of course, Archie, who's on a leash, and Cleo, who's on the Invisible Fence, aren't helping matters. Coco is at my side, barking her head off. GGRRRR! This morning I called Invisible Fence, ordered another battery for Cleo's collar, as she was way too close to the road. And, ordered a collar with battery for Daisy. HA! Is she in for a surprise. I'm holding off for Coco, as she is pretty docile and so overweight, I don't think she'll need one yet. If I do lose my old girl, Cleo, then Coco can have her collar. I have several in the barn from other dogs that have went on to heaven. Don't need collars there! So, when I get the new battery, I'll test them and maybe I'll get lucky again. But, I'm not holding my breath. Some of them are over 20 years old, since I've had this system since 1984.

Well, must do another load of wash, get a shower, head out.

Later..............

No comments: