Sunday, August 14, 2011

MORE RAIN AND TRAGEDY.......

It started raining about an hour ago. A nice, soft drizzle. Sorry Texas. I had just got Lily in when it started coming down real steady.

Had another farm accident yesterday over at the Esch's. I heard it on the scanner when they summoned the amubulance. It was on the road behind my house and by the name, I knew it was Amish. The dispatcher said it was a 12 year old boy, run over by the team and farm implement, with serious head trauma. When I went to the yard sale over at the church, Mrs. Kirk told me it was a disc. They had the chopper fly in and take him and his dad to the trauma center in a neighboring state. It's the best in the area. She also said, someone went to the farm to tend to the other children and other people were driving the mother to the hospital. This community really sticks together in times like this. Haven't heard an update.

Later.............

1 comment:

HossBoss said...

So sad, Sharon! I will be praying for the child and his family and the doctors that minister to them. Head injuries can be so devastating.